Sex and Our City

Monday, June 26, 2006

When It Rains, It Pours

It has been raining like crazy in our city. Streets, homes, and business are flooding; trains aren't running. And it doesn't look as if it will let up anytime soon.

My mood lately has mirrored the raining.

As you all know, I broke up with the Sailor. I joke about it, but I have to admit it was very hard. He sent me flowers a few days after the second talk, admitting it was over but wishing me happiness and joy in my new job.

The day after I got the flowers, I got an e-mail. His best friend's father had died.

Talk about having a tough time! The Sailor was going through it. I had met his best friend and really liked him . . . and knowing the Sailor was pretty down, I offered to accompany him to the funeral which was taking place in Baltimore and for which the Sailor got leave from the ship to attend. The Sailor turned me down, but requested we meet after - for dinner and drinks - to provide some sort of closure.

So last night, we met . . . and ate at the place we had our first date in DC. It was really lovely seeing him again and as we discussed our relationship and reminisced in a bar, the rain - and my tears - poured. He is still in my heart and it hurts letting go of him. It is for the best - no question. I will be several states away and was questioning our being together anyway.

But last night reminded me of all that is good in this man.

And as it continues to pour outside, it rains inside too and I wonder when I'll see the sun again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home